1. Where are you from? Born in Oklahoma, grew up in Alaska and Massachusetts
2. Tell us a bit about your sound and your style. Id like to think of my current style as “American Heartland”
3. What artists would you say influenced you most? Bruce Springsteen, Dwight Yoakam, Elvis Presley
4. What is your most recent project? Tell us about that. (please include any relevant links YouTube, Spotify etc) Well, I have a lot of songs I have written the past year, but my current single is “People We Are” We just shot a video for that and we are looking forward to releasing that.
5. Are you playing any live shows or live streams where people can see you performing? Yes, I do a weekly livestream Mon 7pm EST on www.facebook.com/houstonbernardband which is all original and Tik Tok Tuesdays every Tuesday 7pm EST on Tik Tok, we have other live-streaming full band events about once a month, we will keep it going.
6. How has the pandemic affected your music career? What have you done differently, and have you discovered any new, positive methods of creating during this time? For the first couple months, I was just trying to deal, reschedule, cancel etc then I tried to be productive and did a ton of writing so in that sense it was great to have the time to do that and I’m very proud of the songs that I wrote. I made some videos and tried to stay productive and connect with people who like my music. Its all about the connection for me.
7. If we were to come to a live show, what could we expect to see? What would the experience we like?
A huge smile on my face for one and a lot of new songs. A shiny J-45 Gibson, I finally had time to set it up and polish it!
8. When you aren’t doing music, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I like to play basketball, mountain bike and swim. I try to stay active to keep my energy up for some shows.
9. What’s next? Goals for the next couple of years?
Record and tour. I miss seeing people.
10. Finally, because we are THINK COUNTRY, when you “Think Country,” what do you think?
I think, it’s the hard working people of our country, not just one area or another left or right, but the heart of the country, the stories of the people.
Visit https://thinkcountrymusic.com/ for even more articles, features, interviews and reviews. Think Country is always bringing country closer.